Wednesday, June 19, 2019

My S&W Bodyguard 380 is unreliable and want a new pocket pistol


I really wanted to like the S&W M&P Bodyguard 380. It checked all the boxes. It had to be small casual dress CCW, internal safeties (Firing Pin Block), SA/DA with decocker or DAO (added safety for me), not super expensive ($300-400).I bought the Bodyguard with green crimson trace laser since its a point a shoot. Right away I was having FTF, FTE, and light strikes all over the place. After 100 rounds of a few ammo types I sent it to S&W.Customer support was great and got the gun back to me in about a week. The Bodyguard seemed to run better. I have not had any FTE or FTF, but some light primer strikes. I installed a Galloway increased hammer spring thinking that would solve the final issues. After 100 more rounds. I was getting light strikes at least 1 in 10.Any carry gun must be 100% reliable. If that one second you have a defensive shot advantage and you and the bad guy hear a click instead of a bang, that could be your life. I've narrowed it down in order and just wanted to get a feeling from the web gurus. Many thanks for all input.Kahr CW380 - Like the size, Don't like the break-in period and some with no issues and some lemonsRemington RM380 - Some reports of the take pin comes out easily.Ruger LC380 - CheapestBursa Thunder 380 - (Runner up) largest.Not a fit for me...Walther PPK/S = Way Too ExpensiveGlock42 = Too LargeSig P238 = SA OnlyLCP 2 = No Firing Pin Block via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2IrRbwf

No comments:

Post a Comment