Thursday, June 20, 2019

Handgun in Vehicle - Illinois Non-Resident


So, I'm going to be traveling to Illinois soon for a week and I plan on taking my handgun while there. I've been looking into the laws on it and I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience/police interactions (pulled over), etc. in regards to this. Obviously I don't have Illinois' FOID card for concealed carry, and I am not in a state where I could even apply for one. I've read the law and it appears that so long as I have a valid CCW license in my own state I may legally maintain a loaded, concealed handgun in the passenger compartment of my vehicle while there, so long as I keep the handgun in a locked container or lock the vehicle once I leave it.​Anyone have any input on this or maybe have some experience with keeping their gun in the car while traveling to Illinois? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/31Lub36

No comments:

Post a Comment