Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Look for high activity level deep concealment option


First off this is not for me, and I'm going to be a little vague because my friend asked me not to tell anyone, but I assure you the carry activity is legal. He is in charge of the place and is allowed to make the rules regarding carry, but fears outrage.I was asked about deep concealment options for an individual who works closely with children and their parents. Part of the time is instructional setting (this isn't a school) and other parts of the day involve high activity levels (think dodgeball and running).Children routinely run up to and hug him and he has concerns with the firearm becoming unholstered or otherwise detectible. And children detecting or otherwise touching the hosltered firearm on him. Off body carry is not a possibility. Further complicating matters is he isn't concerned with regular violent crime. He feels due to the nature of the facility it is a target for an active shooter situation and feels a duty to protect the children. This complicates things because I couldn't imagine recommending a small single stack 9mm or similar in preparation for such an event. He currently carries a Springfield XD 45 and and standard hybrid style IWB holster. I'm not sure exactly which model gun or holster though.Since my needs are relatively basic and I'm not a very active person I didn't exactly know how to help.My first instincts were ankle carry or some sort of shoulder setup under a button down shirt. Since I have never personally used any of these setups I would like to know everyone's thoughts. Is there a different angle I haven't considered?Thanks for all your insight. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QVCGCw

No comments:

Post a Comment