Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Silly question don't upvote - does stand your ground /castle doctrine override hunting laws with wild animals?


Let's say it's not deer season, or at least the deer in question isn't legally able to be hunted. Does stand your ground / castle doctrine law extend to animals like deer?Was at a relative's house this past weekend and a deer jumped their fence to come into their yard and eat some of the flowers/shrubs. I went out to the back porch and made some noise and the deer harmlessly scampered away - but in the case that the dogs were outside and the deer was behaving in a way that I deemed to be threatening to either me, my property, or the dogs - would I be justified in killing the deer?I think it would be more clearcut with something like a bear that could pose an immediate threat but I've heard how lethal deer can be with their hooves and stomping. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QmOfmM

No comments:

Post a Comment