Sunday, September 9, 2018

Knife Laws are driving me nuts


I'm heading to New York City soon, and want to be able to defend myself if needed. Obviously my EDC is out of the picture, but I also carry a K-Bar TDI knife. It's a fixed blade, under 3" knife.Now this appears to be illegal in my home state of Delaware without a CCDW (which Delaware calls it, CC Deadly Weapon) but I do have a Delaware CCDW so I'm covered there.But I have to drive through NJ and NYC. Actually in NYC it appears to be legal but I can't quite make out NJ's law on this but at least NYC says CRIMINAL intent. I would hope self-defense is not criminal intent.It appears to be lawful if it is not used in an unlawful purpose, but since this is not a utility knife but is specifically for self defense, I fear that my intent to use it as a self defense tool may be unlawful in NJ.Basically in NYC you have to have criminal intent whereas in NJ you have to prove a lawful purpose it seems.Insane, isn't it?I'll probably leave it at home, but basically knife laws are even more insane and illogical than gun laws in many places. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2wUGXhW

No comments:

Post a Comment