Saturday, September 15, 2018

Is a CCW permit considered a government-issued State ID?


Maybe this is specific to my state (CT), but I’ve noticed that other than for buying guns and ammo, my CCW permit doesn’t seem to be acceptable anywhere else.I’ve tried a couple times to use it as ID for things when requested, only to be told it can’t (or won’t) be accepted.Most recently, I was signing up for a PO box at my post office. They wanted two forms of ID. I tried to use my driver’s license and my CCW permit, but was told the CCW permit was not a valid government ID. I ended up using my car registration as the other form.The girl I was talking to at the post office was as surprised as I was when the older guy at the post office next to her said she couldn’t accept it. She even said “but isn’t it a state ID?” It seems to me that a CCW permit should be just as, if not more, acceptable as a driver’s license considering you need to pass a background check, be fingerprinted, provide three references, and provide two forms of government ID to be issued one.Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Maybe it’s just Connecticut. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xgOpmS

No comments:

Post a Comment