Sunday, September 16, 2018

Flying with a firearm


Hi /r/CCW,​I'll be flying into Houston from Atlanta soon and want to make sure I've done my due diligence on flying with a pistol.Here's what I've done so far:I've checked that I am able to carry in Texas as a Georgia resident.I've read up on where I can and cannot carry in Texas.I've watched some videos and followed TSA's guide on flying with firearms and ammunition.Some questions I have:Can I put my locked pistol case in my checked luggage, or does it have to be separate from the checked luggage?My defensive ammo is in its original box (Hornady Critical Defense 9mm) inside my gun case. Is it okay to have the ammo in its packaging (not loose), inside the same box as the gun itself?I've filled all the holes on my gun case (Sig Sauer) where I can put a lock with a singular gun lock rope thing. The latches cannot open and the contents of the case do not creep open the case in any way. Is this sufficient?Am I missing anything? This is my first time flying with a gun and I'd rather not get slapped with a fine or criminal charge if I miss a step or mess something up.​Many thanks in advance,Kerubimm via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xd4ue4

No comments:

Post a Comment