Thursday, September 13, 2018

First day carrying in NY (upstate) today


About three weeks ago, and after much hassle, I finally was able to get my NY Concealed Carry permit with target and hunting restrictions. This past Sunday, I was able to take the required 8 hour live fire course to qualify in my county to remove the restrictions so I could have an unrestricted carry permit. Yesterday, I was able to go by the county clerks office to get the restrictions removed from my permit. So finally, after close to a year from the start, I was able to carry today in New York.Given the difficulty of obtaining a NY permit, most people in my area, aren't overly thrilled about the idea of people carrying guns. Unfamiliarity and fear lead to a difficult environment where concealment is crucial. The last thing I need is some scared individual seeing my handgun and screaming something like "That guy's got a gun!!!" So I was relatively careful concealing my Glock 19. We went to dinner at a nice restaurant, grocery shopping and stopped for coffee.Overall, I was probably needlessly concerned. No one gave me a second glance. This is probably for two reasons. The people around here are oblivious, and because carry permits are so rare, they'd never suspect anyone would actually be carrying. But I felt great about being prepared.For those curious, I was carrying a Glock 19 (with the NY 10 round mag) in a JM Custom Kydex holster at 3:30. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NbVDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment