Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Between a Sig p365 and M&P Shield 2.0 for my first CCW


I just recently got my NYS full-carry license (in around 5 weeks too!) and need some help choosing between my top two choices for a CCW. To preface this, I have been shooting handguns since I was young enough to plink with a .22, the only thing that has stopped me so far is not being 21. With the help of some very good friends, I have had the opportunity to put several hundred rounds through 10+ potential choices and here is what I have determined so farSig P365Pros: Love the look and feel to the touch. It's an attractive gun and just feels well constructed. Easily concealable and fun to shoot.Cons: Overall cost. Also, I have larger hands and when shooting, it caused the gun to feel a little "jumpy." I feel like the extended mag may help, but I love the feeling of a larger grip in my hands. Reported issues with firing pin and other aspects.Shield 2.0Pros: Aftermarket options, reliably carried by many, feels more like a full size gun. More ergonomically fitting to me. Lower price.Cons: The grip feels "cheap" like i'm holding an airsoft gun. (Maybe fixed with aftermarket grips?) Not as good of a trigger pull as the sig. Overall feels lower qualityI am truly in the middle when it comes to this choice, and I don't want to buy something I will just regret in 3 months and end up buying the other (or another) anyways. If anybody has experience with both weapons, or any suggestions of how to mitigate my concerns, any help would be greatly appreciated! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ODbZBX

No comments:

Post a Comment