Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Last night I ended a date with an amazing girl and I even got a good response to the possibility of a range date in the future.


Beginning of my story:So last night I went on a date with a beautiful girl and now were starting to date. We did dinner and a movie and a little shopping. After leaving the movie I mentioned shooting guns due to something she said about her dad that I will bring up later.I simply said "hey, speaking of that, would you ever consider going out to a range with me and shooting for a bit?" She was stoked at that idea, she was curious and I let her know im quite safe, and knowledgeable to perhaps re-assure her on that. But she really liked the idea of us doing this together. I simply brought it up however to learn one thing, her reaction to firearms. I showed her a little ccw keychain I had that clips to my belt like a holster and pistol. She thought it was cute.But I never mentioned my ccw, Partially because I dont have a License to carry in my state yet. I am waiting for it to be approved or denied still.Lastly, I gather up too now she may be ok with guns, but like I said, she doesn't have any knowledge that im planning on carrying. Do you think this is something I should let her know now? Or something I should inform her of once i've gotten the license?I'd let her know my views, how its private too me. But that it makes me comfortable knowing im trained and can protect myself and loved ones including her.Onto another slight issue, she mentioned that her father likes to mention to her new boyfriends that he owns a shotgun and will pull it out if I mess up. Now She also said thats a lie and she normally just says to catch him 'you dont have a shotgun'. and ends that convo right there.However I was hoping to do this a bit different. I'd like to use that play from the father as a way to open an exposition about firearms and perhaps getting to shoot with him one day.How could I word my response to something along the lines of "I have a shotgun dont fuck my daughter*" Which lets be honest, is what hes going to be getting at if he does say this too me.I'd like to almost show an interest in his shotgun and maybe just use it to invite him out shooting right there on the spot.Perhaps play it like this?: "Yes sir, I understand, I would never hurt your daughter. And I myself am a slight gun enthusiast. and actually I have been practicing lately to get a tighter shot, and if you'd ever want too, I can take you shooting!TL;DR: My newly found SO is telling me her father tries to be intimidating, I'd like to use that as a stepping stone in my relationship with him to perhaps take him soothing and bond to ideally make him like me and trust me with his daughter. also, I dont know when to announce my ccw intentions. Before I get my license, or after? Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nIbVFd

No comments:

Post a Comment