Saturday, August 31, 2024

I want to discuss a situation I was in last night.

It was Friday night, at my friends apartment, and me and my friend were drinking quite a bit and decided to go walk to the bar on campus. As we were going downstairs, there was an apartment being quite loud. I made a remark like “wow they’re being really loud” and my friend decided it was a good idea to bang on their door when I wasn’t looking.

When I heard it, I ran downstairs and around the corner. My friend decided to walk nice and slow for no good reason. Six people, four dudes and two girls came out of the apartment and surrounded my friend. At this point they didn’t see me, but I didn’t want to leave my friend to deal with it alone so I go over there.

As soon as I approached them, one of the guys instantly does the stereotypical chest to chest push to me. As this was happening we were still walking (but slower) towards the bar. Im trying to deescalate the situation and not showing any signs of aggression. But they kept insulting and literally screaming at my friend and I. They were saying “white ass bitch” and telling us to “keep walking”. At one point the guy shoves me into another guy and they got wayyy angrier about it. They were also waving their hands in our face. Eventually the biggest guy (at least 6”3) corals them away from us and we kept walking to the bar.

I understand that I did the right thing: I had a choice to get away from a fight and I did just that. I also understand that it was really stupid for my friend to bang on someones door. I wouldn’t have done that. But the reason for this post is I feel like a complete bitch for not getting physical or insulting. Im having troubles getting over that feeling.



Submitted August 31, 2024 at 04:17PM by UserUnkown8 https://ift.tt/Yon7QtL

No comments:

Post a Comment