Sunday, April 7, 2024

Totally opinionated home/self defense gun help

I have a unique topic that I would love peoples insight on. I want a gun. Don’t we all. I currently own a rifle for deer, a 12 gauge for birds, and a smith model 60 no dash for home/self defense. I want to replace the smith.

It’s a fantastic gun that I could go on and on how much I love it. However I want something that is more capable. Higher capacity, quicker reloads, more accurate. I can shoot my snubby on a paper plate at 20 yards, but I want to be able to shoot at farther ranges with this gun, for fun, practice, and in a SHTF (shit hit the fan) situation.

I do not plan to CCW a gun on my body. Even my smith is too big for me to carry on me. No gun will be small enough. So instead I envision carrying a firearm in my backpack. I carry a backpack everywhere I go, and this would allow me to greatly increase the size and weight of the gun. As long as it can fit into a backpack, size is not an issue. Weight is also 0 issue to me.

Not only will this gun serve that purpose, but it will also be my bedside gun for home defense, as well as my woods gun. Also, I want a firearm that will last forever. I only want one gun to serve its purpose; I don’t need more than one of the same type of gun.

I am interested in discussing with anyone about the gun I plan to get currently, as well as alternatives I’ve thought of. As well as look for people’s general advice.

My main option right now is an FN FNX45 tactical. I like its capacity, threaded barrel, long barrel, and it looks hot….

Other options I’ve considered is an FN Five Seven. I like the idea of using 5.7 for longer range pistol practice. Also I’ve thought of a PCC like a micro CZ Scorpion.

I am open to hear everyone’s opinions and thoughts, but at the same time I want to preface that I recognize that I have goofy requirements for myself set, and am picking very unique guns.



Submitted April 07, 2024 at 04:52PM by ElbairavtnednepedniA https://ift.tt/9NIOmu4

No comments:

Post a Comment