Friday, December 3, 2021

Flying with a firearm that is [slightly] disassembled?


Hello all, I have an AK pistol, 10.5 inch barrel, that I am trying to fly with from Chicago IL to Tampa FL. I have flown with firearms before, but not this one. I do understand that it needs to be in hardshell locked case inside of a checked bag. I am a wisconsin resident, so I dont need a foid card to fly out of Illinois and it is legal in Florida to have this.This is my dilemma, if I use a Nanuk 940 case I can make the said firearm fit only if I remove the pistol brace, and possibly the magpul grip. But. By removing the pistol brace, it legally becomes a short barrel rifle which is a class H felony punishable by 10 yrs, at least in Wisconsin in which I reside in.No where on TSA website does it say the firearm has to be completely assembled. At least from what I've found. It also states that you can fly with parts, which tells me that I am allowed to disassemble this and pack it in.https://ift.tt/3xU33zy anyone tried this? Illinois doesn't require foid card to fly for Wisconsin residents, so im assuming I should be fine to take off the brace stilrictly for travel purposes. I dont want to show up to the airport and get arrested. Or if anyone can recommend a case and checked bag that they have used in order to fly with something of similar or bigger size.Much appreciated. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3xOlvte

No comments:

Post a Comment