Tuesday, August 3, 2021

CCW in military base, recommendations?


I live on a CONUS military base and have a CCW. My base allows you to conceal carry with the base commander's written permission but I've been waiting for nearly 2 months for permission and I'm being told to simply be patient. I am allowed to transport my gun in a locked box in my car until I'm off base but have to return it to the locked box, unloaded before I go back on base.How would you handle concealed carrying?I keep a locked box in my truck but I don't always feel comfortable holstering a loaded striker fired gun while seated in my car or in a public parking lot. I could carry without a round in the chamber and feel a little safer as far as administrative handling goes but would prefer not to. Overall I'm a little frustrated that this takes so much paper pushing to be legal but I am grateful for the extra layer of security that our Defenders provide for us base residents. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ltWhfw

No comments:

Post a Comment