Sunday, February 7, 2021

My experience with the RomeoZero on my EDC Hellcat.


I picked up a OSP FDE Hellcat around Christmas as my new carry gun because I really wanted to try a pistol red dot.I bought a FDE RomeoZero, even after seeing spotty reviews, because I wanted the matchy-matchy. I bought it on the 23rd of January, and took it to the range once, just shot a box of 50 to be sure of my zero.Within two weeks it stopped working. If I took it off and removed the battery, I could get it to turn on, but the auto shut off wouldn’t work. And it wouldn’t turn on auto automatically, ever.Man.. I was so pissed. So I called Sig and got a RMA and sent it in for repair. This is where they won me back over.. They received my sight on the 2nd of February, and I received a brand new replacement today. Counting Saturday, it took them four days to send me a replacement - that’s outstanding.At some time or another every company has released a stinker. Some janky, or easily broken product. To me the measure of a company is how they handle it. And Sig did it the right way - full brand new replacement within four days is impressive.I bought the RomeoZero, it broke, I sent it in to them , and they replaced it, all within the return window of the store I bought from. So I returned it for a full refund.Placed an order for the Swampfox Sentinel this morning. Cost difference was less than $50, which makes me feel very, very dumb for buying the Zero in the first place.Key take aways:** Avoid the RomeoZero - it’s garbage, especially on a carry gun. But SIG, their Customer Service is beyond reproach, and they won me back. (Just not on the Zero)** Don’t cheap out on your carry optic, should you choose to go that way. God forbid you need to use your weapon and when you draw it, the dot isn’t there. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3tDHikE

No comments:

Post a Comment