Monday, February 8, 2021

Interesting night


To start with I own 50 acres that’s all fenced in, I have two horses and two donkeys with 15 cows. Tonight at around 10:20ish pm I heard what seemed like three gunshots right in my back yard towards my barn. The barn is 70 yards from my back porch and the fence line is 400 yards past the barn. I was in my office on the front side of the house I keep an M1a in there ready to roll, I was already up and heading to the door when my wife came out with her ar. I go to the back door and I see movement at the barn I shine my flashlight and see someone trying to get through the gate out into the pasture and two figures running to the fence, I scream stop show me your hands if you make any sudden movement I will shoot you the one still trying to get through the gate turned around with their hands up and laid down, my wife already had the sheriff on the phone who arrived quite quickly. I walked to within about 15 yards and realized it was a kid (turned out to be 16) him and two of his buddy’s were setting fireworks off at the horses stable to watch them freak out the other two got away but he got caught and spilled his guts about what they were doing. I didn’t press charges on the kid cause he was scared to death. I felt that he learned his lesson about playing stupid games can gets you stupid prizes, the sheriff did take the kid back to his home to have a talk with his parents.Open to what I did wrong and any ideas of how this could have been handled any better. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3d0HLrz

No comments:

Post a Comment