Thursday, December 12, 2019

Create a legacy or disarm my household?


My wife is afraid of guns. I’ve taught her enough to avoid negligence issues, but if it were up to her all weapons would be secured with trigger locks and chained in place/safe/etc. completely inaccessible in case of emergency. I’ve instructed my son starting with toys and moving up to my current EDC. (We kept no weapons on hand for many years due to my wife’s fear, until I became disabled.) I started my son with archery and fencing at 8, added karate and BJJ at 9, boxing at 11, football from 12 to 14 at which point size abandoned him and his interests changed ( though he’s maintained his achieved levels and practices on an irregular schedule.) I’ll be dead soon and I want to leave him my weapons and gear. My wife want to sell everything just to get it out of the house, she says she’s afraid she will argue with him and he’ll shoot her. Of course he won’t, he loves his mom and we’ve hunted together, he knows how serious it is to kill. I asked him directly how he felt. He would like to have my gear as an extension and reminder of me. I may have to find an outdoor range due to my O2 converter (if anybody has experience please reply!) but I will have him well trained before I kick off. Am I just giving him a chance to destroy his life if I leave him my firearms or is it the best way to make him understand there is no going back, he is a man now and must protect his home and family. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/36tr8OA

No comments:

Post a Comment