Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I brought my defensive weapon over the Canadian border


First of all, why would I do this? Well, I was going in the opposite direction - I’m a Canadian, and I wanted to bring my defensive weapon while visiting. I live in Saskatchewan and have a non-resident CCW from New Hampshire. I also have the proper document from the ATF Bureau to bring my firearm as an alien.At the border crossing it was very straightforward. The USCBP officer asked me why I was bringing a firearm. I said it was for defense, which seemed to satisfy the officer. They didn’t search my vehicle or ask for my CCW permit.I did not encounter any LE while visiting. The state I visited, which borders Canada, is very pro-2A and accepts NH permits. If I was printing, nobody said anything. I visited some wilderness areas and did some shopping. I avoided the post office.On my way back the Canadian border officer asked me why I had a firearm. I said it was for defense. They also did not search my vehicle but they asked for my Canadian firearms permit, then sent me on my way.Overall it went better than I expected. The border officers on each side were more concerned about whether I had fruit. My commendations to New Hampshire for giving me a CCW permit, and to the state I visited for upholding my 2A rights when my own country denies them. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Z5nvur

No comments:

Post a Comment