Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Arizona Denied my CCW Application Based on a Law that Doesn't Exist


Edit: I should say misrepresentation of a law which does exist but they cite it wrong.I am a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States. Became one in Feb. I was given a 2 year conditional green card due to my marriage with my spouse. I am considered full permanent resident(Called Lawful Permanent Resident) for all intents and purposes. I am eligible for every benefit a 10 year green card holder is. Even my fucking card says "Permanent Resident."I sent my packet for a CCW (After reading the law, I was eligible for it) about two weeks ago. Today, it got returned to me with everything back with a separate piece of paper stuck to it, citing 10D on Ineligible Notice.D. : CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT: Those possessing a Conditional Permanent Resident card do not meet the statutory requirement of (ARS) 13-3112(E)(1). At this time you are ineligible for a permit. You may apply if you are granted full Permanent Resident status or become a Naturalized U.S. Citizen.This is what ARS 13-3112, Section E(1) says:E: The department of public safety shall issue a permit to an applicant who meets all of the following conditions:Is a resident of this state or a United States citizen.They require I show residency in State of Arizona for 90 days prior, so I sent them my lease. I have been living in AZ Since Mid-2015. I've been living in the US for over 5 years.Nowhere I can find does law distinguish between a Permanent and Conditional Permanent Residents for basis of conceal carry weapons permits. Hell, I can't even find ANY law which makes a discrimination based on permanent or conditional permanent residency. In eyes of US law afaik Lawful Permanent Residents are Lawful Permanent Residents.What is the way forward and what can I do? I'd mumble something about discrimination based on immigration status but it's not a workplace, or an education institute. As far as I know, I meet EVERY Statutory requirement required by the State of Arizona for a Permit. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2WS41vM

No comments:

Post a Comment