Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The reason I started carrying - Kids shot BB guns at me just now while I was riding my bicycle up to my driveway


So I live in a nice college town, but not on the best block. It's hot here so I like to exercise at night, and a few months ago while jogging at the park two HS age males ran up on me while their female friend yelled "THEY GON STAB YOU!"We talked it out, kids on either side of me while jogging. I don't think I was in any real danger, I actually think it was some kind of race-bait BS based on other things the friend yelled. Needless to say it felt awful and I immediately signed up for a CCW class that night and started researching single stacks.Fast forward ~6 months to tonight. I'm coming back from a bike ride and I hear some feet and voices and turn around to see some JH/HS age kids present and begin firing BBs or caps or some other kind of tiny little explosions at me. I knew from the sound I was safe so I didn't try to draw but they were still running after me in front of my own house, so I rode past it while YELLING back at them. I waited at the back of my complex for my roommate to go to the door (armed lol) and get it when I rode up.My lessons learned are:Vigilance is still the best defenseI'm gonna cut the night exercising entirely and stick to early afternoon before schools get out.EDUCATE YOUR KIDS THAT SOMEONE MIGHT BE CARRYING CHAMBERED WHEN YOU TRY TO F*** WITH THEMwe were all < 2 seconds from a really bad night via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/b2twef/the_reason_i_started_carrying_kids_shot_bb_guns/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment