Monday, March 18, 2019

Breaking in a holster


Hey all,I got a new holster and its unusably tight. I got a Steath gear flex owb to use at the range and even with the screws as loose as they can get, my pistol will barely go in or come out of the thing. I'm down with some retention, but god damn.So my questions...Do I need to break this thing in a bunch before its usable? I've only worn it for a few hours, so I understand that it could be a bit stiff, but even with the screws almost falling I'm struggling.Is there something I'm missing about the holster? Some retention screws hidden somewhere? I've loosened all the screws with the spacers on them that connect the shell to the backing.Or am I an idiot some other way?This is my first owb holster and it's giving me more grief than I thought it would. I can get the gun in when its off my body, but reholstering while its on me is a no go. I also cant get my gun out without holding the holster down with my other hand which seems insane (unloaded gun so as to avoid an accident). I know its not some tactical leg strap molle covered operator gear, but it seems like it should be functioning more as a holster and less as a gun vault.So school me good people. What's wrong with this equation?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Jm1owT

No comments:

Post a Comment