Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The life changing magic of one in the chamber - a message to those waiting for their permit in the mail and experiencing some anxiety.


I think most people can agree that the most nervous period about the safety of carrying is that waiting period between submitting all the paper work and getting it in the mail.During this waiting period you will read up on accidental discharges for your firearm, worry about blowing your balls off, thinking of every way possible the trigger could engage through your holster or through that tiiinny gap where maybe an unfolded paper clip could fit in.I almost even psyched myself out of carrying chambered during that period because I kept thinking "If im so worried about it now, then how can I walk around with it everyday for real real?"But when the permit came I took the ancient wisdom of many a person in this subreddit and told myself my fears of a miniature fishing hook coming out of left field and pulling the trigger are not rational, then pointed in a safe direction, chambered one, holstered and took a walk to the nearest place where I could sit down and eat the most intense burger of my life.You reading this means you are seeking knowledge and are already on track to becoming a responsible ccw citizen. Continue to take full advantage of your mind and body while it's in this hyper paranoid state. Sign up for a 1:1 class and ask the person paranoid questions (I did) , learn how to do things like safety check your guns internal safety mechanisms during a field strip as per the manufacturers recommendedations or spend all night watching slow motion 3d cut through videos of how exactly those safety mechanisms work.The excitement / fear completely dies down after about a month for most people. If it still continues its probably because at a subconscious level something is bothering you. Continue to research and buy new holsters / belts / whatever until your edc sparks nothing but joy in your heart. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YgHPto

No comments:

Post a Comment