Monday, March 18, 2019

Cheap Hollow Points


Do any of you all carry the “cheap” hollow points (115/147 grain Winchester white box, Remington 115 grain green and white box, Fiocchi 115 grain, etc.)When I started carrying a few years ago I carried Critical Defense. As my taste in smaller pistols waned I moved to Critical Duty. However, as I trained more and more, I wanted to be able to practice more with my carry ammo without critically damaging my wallet. My solution was to carry Sig’s Elite Performance ammo as it was decently cheap in my area.Yet, as my journey into concealed carry continues I wish I could shoot my carry ammo more. Then a few weeks ago I ran across a Paul Harrell video where he pitted HST, Sig, and Remington white box against each other using his testing methods, which included his meat target. In that video Remington did well, so I did more poking around.I saw a few more videos where he tested Winchester white box and it did better than their Ranger Ts. I also found other YouTubers that had similar results with cheap JHPs.It got me thinking, maybe I should give it a try. If I used Winchester’s 115 JHPs then I could practice with my my carry ammo much more often than I do now but I thought I would ask you all what you thought and see if any of you went against convention and carried the cheap hollow points. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FjXIYD

No comments:

Post a Comment