Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Self Defense Fund Privacy Issues


So I signed up for self defense fund a while back. I mean to make this post back when I created my account but forgot until I tried to login recently and remembered this happened. When I used the "forgot password" functionality on their site I received an email with my username and my password that I signed up with in plaintext. This is a pretty huge issue for security and kind of makes me wary of them. I tried to explain to them what was happening and they didn't seem to understand the problem/care. So I will leave it to you all if you want to put your information in their hands.Side note: I flaired this as news because while it is applicable to us as a community I wasn't sure what else to flair it as. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2AQUh9k

No comments:

Post a Comment