Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Underwood Xtreme Defender


As a fairly new member of the community (and new to concealed carry), I wanted to seek some opinions from my sage fellow community members. I was at my local one way money deposit center(gun store) the other day and asked the owner what he had for a favorite carry ammo for a 9mm. He asked me if my gun was +P rated to which I said yeah, and he set down a box of Underwood Xtreme Defender. He popped open the box and handed me a round and I remember thinking "wow, this is a light round." So I picked up the box for a bit more research and found that they were indeed "light" rounds with a solid copper head weighing in at a mere 65gr. I also noticed that the box advertised a smokin' hot speed of 1800FPS. He said "Buy a box and run em through your gun and see what you think." So like a good chump, I did. I ran a few slow rounds through the gun to test accuracy, and muzzle jump since I had never fired +P ammo before, and I have to say it didn't feel any different to me than the 115gr FMJ I had been running for practice ammo. I then ran the last 12 out of the mag as quickly as I felt I could accurately as one might in a self defense scenario. They all came out without issue. So I went back in and bought another box and loaded up my carry piece and went home. Am I sucker? Anyone have any good/bad/otherwise opinions on the round? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IPTsQq

No comments:

Post a Comment