Thursday, October 18, 2018

How do you Hold/Grip a Handgun?


Today at the range I was given lessons about how to shoot my handgun. The guy giving me the lesson is a Vietnam Vet and did some high-level contracting/mercenary work in several countries afterwards (A good friend of his told me that the man assassinated a few people). He was also the lead-engineer for S&W in the 80's. I believe that he knows what he's talking about but I'm curious if you all were taught a similar technique.So starting off with the basic grip that everyone should be familiar with: https://ift.tt/2CromNV told me not to 'death-grip' the handgun (squeezing both hands together as hard as possible) which is what I previously believed to be the proper grip.Instead, he told me that the right hand is ONLY for pulling the trigger while the left hand does the tight gripping.So throughout my shooting, I would aim while keeping my right hand COMPLETELY relaxed, while I squeeze my left hand tight (left-hand palm pressing up against the gun and left-hand fingers squeezing my relaxed right-hand fingers.Then just slowly and calmly pull the trigger while keeping focus on the front sights.Doing this method I was able to hit a golf ball from 15 yards away a few times. Though I still need to practice this new method of course.The man also showed me how he shoots. He was dumping mags in a very tight group saying that it's the same technique even when shooting fast.What do you think? Is this a common method?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2CR1g4z

No comments:

Post a Comment