Monday, October 15, 2018

First time experiencing an attempted break in.


I live in a college town and last night at 1150 pm an either mentally deranged or drug user tried to break down my door. I live in an apartment but is pretty much a house with 4 room all with exterior doors. I was carrying at the time because I had just returned from a cookout. My first reaction was to protect my girlfriend as she raced to the door to block it. The dead bolt and knob were locked so he was not able to enter. I pushed her back and made sure he had left. I carry AIWB and had my hand on the gun and ready to use it. I live in NC so under the law I could have used deadly force in this situation. I did not because I yelled through the door for him to leave and he was very incoherenta and left after about 30 seconds. I called 911 and gave the police my most accurate description of the suspect. I was able to watch him walk down the street so it was not hard for the cop to find him shortly after. They came by my room around 2am to talk to me and told me he had been arrested for disorderly conduct/resisting. I am glad I was prepared by having the door locked and that I was carrying at the time. We are currently considering if we should press charges. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QSnrKu

No comments:

Post a Comment