Monday, April 24, 2023

Where can I find info on carrying a concealed firearm on the Great Lakes?


I’m looking for information on carrying a concealed firearm on the Great Lakes. I’m in Wisconsin. I would be carrying out on Lake Michigan. WI is a reciprocal state with Michigan. Illinois is not reciprocal but they honor an out of state permit so long that you are traveling though the state in a vehicle. Indiana honors a WI permit and allows permit-less carry.I plan to take the SS Badger from Manitowoc to Ludington this summer, and I also take my boat on Lake Michigan occasionally.I’ve read WI’s DOJ and DNR website and know that I can concealed carry on my boat on inland lakes, but I cannot find (or I’m glossing it over) any information on carrying on the Great Lakes.I assume it may be under coast guard authority, but I cannot find anything in the federal requirements for recreational boats printed by the CG. I’ve read somewhere on Google that the Great Lake you’re on is governed by the state you’re “nearest to,” or something similar to that, but I’m not sure how accurate that is. In that case, I would be fine carrying on both the Wisconsin and Michigan side, as my permit is valid in both states.Would someone mind helping me find this information? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/yw7o3BN

No comments:

Post a Comment