Saturday, April 15, 2023

9mm Carry Decisions


Prefix: Finally getting my CCW after open carrying in my youth and truck/home gun only for the past while. Have had many guns but never felt comfortable carrying a striker. Previously my favorite gun was my little CZ82 but 9x18mm common availability plus the weight just makes it not the best option. Preferred DA/SA, not a fan of cocked and locked either.​I narrowed down my DA/SA hunt to either a CZ Rami or a HK P30SK V3 with a nod to the CZ-07 and Springfield XDE but they are still a little chunky compared to modern carry pieces and I want to be able to comfortable conceal year round.For SA cocked/locked - I'm not really a fan of running this setup, but the S&W CSX drew my attention minus the false reset trigger which can occur but can be broken in.​I found out about the Glock Striker Control Device and suddenly was more interested in the option of carrying a striker firearm, the G43x MOS (specifically a custom one ive found) became my main focus. I would be carrying it with the 10 round most likely as the S15 mags varying performance do not inspire confidence, however I look forward to possibly getting the PSA dagger micro mags for the G43x.The shield plus is an amazing contender in this arena and price range and offers a thumb safety which gives me barely enough to be comfortable carrying, and also packs 13 rounds in the size of the glock's 10.​Please share your wisdom with me on this journey.TLDR: Help me choose a 9mm carryDA/SA: CZ RAMI, HK P30SK, CZ-07, Springfield XDESA: SW CSX​Striker: Custom G43X MOS, SW Shield Plus, Wait for PSA Dagger Micro?, IWI Masada (least safe imo but seems like a steal and a nice piece)Feel free to suggest others but i've put a ton of time into this list. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/sdAPMEB

No comments:

Post a Comment