Thursday, April 6, 2023

Changing carry ammo?


Maybe I'm over thinking this but what's yalls process for changing carry ammo?At the range I train with whatever brass case 115 and 124 is most reasonably priced with good reviews (side note, I recently decided I'll never buy LAX factory reloads again. I did so on recommendation of a friend but apparently it's not hot enough to cycle my glock 19 suppressed which I haven't experienced with any other ammo).I bought 250 rounds of hornady 115 critical defense when I got my ccw and tested 100 rounds before carrying it and shoot the 25 rounds of it that I carry with my p365xl whenever I hit the range. I'm confident in its reliability and accuracy but have been considering stepping up to a 124 gr +p jhp because why not. If I ever needed it in a defensive situation I'd like to have every advantage possible, though I know shot placement is the biggest factor.Should I stick with what I know or send it with something more spicy? Is a 100 round test of new carry ammo enough to trust it? At $1 plus per round shooting more than that at the range is painful and makes me want to stick with what I know via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/EmWN04i

No comments:

Post a Comment