Tuesday, August 24, 2021

PHLster Enigma for Fat Guys


Hey everybody, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Light Bearing Enigma (and the Enigma concept in general) as a bigger dude for those of you who had concerns about it working like I did. For reference, I'm 6 ft and around 240. I carry a P07 daily with an X300 in a Floodlight.Upon receiving it and assembling, one of the immediate benefits for a bigger guy that I've found is the ease of adjusting ride height. On traditional belt mounted holsters, being attached to the belt always forced the beavertail into my gut. With the Enigma, I can keep the gun riding higher and sperate from the belt, making seated positions more comfortable than I have ever felt before. I can say that the Enigma has been my most comfortable rig ever, having tried regular kydex holsters from T Rex Arms, HolsterCo, and Dark Star. When properly adjusted, it felt 4 o'clock comfortable standing. I've heard people say that it seems more complicated to put on, but once everything is dialed in, it is just two buckles. If you've used soft loops with pull the dot, this is just as easy.I can confirm that the leg leash for a bigger leg is less than optimal. Even with eighth inch adjustments, I could never find the sweet spot where full range of motion was possible without either the leash slipping and interrupting my gait or popping from being flexed. I did consult with the adjustment video that Sarah put out regarding garter placement, and kept the leash high and snug, but it popped regardless. To remedy this, I recommend either the Enigmod or Levo Designs leg leash. I went with the Levo simply because it had a Fidlock buckle to match, whereas the Enigmod had a traditional arrangement. Both leashes have buckles that do not disconnect readily. The PHLster buckle pops easily by design, I believe, but it simply did not work for me.Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend the Enigma to anybody. Good luck buying one! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mvg1Qw

No comments:

Post a Comment