Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Watching BJJ turn into 80s Mall Karate.

I started training in BJJ a long time ago to compliment my Judo and wrestling. I have boxed, kickboxed, and grappled in multiple disciplines competitively. I am shocked at how rapidly BJJ is turning into a far less effective art. Just utter shock. I see the bizarre technique videos that have virtually no usefulness. I have worked as a bouncer and personal protective agent. I am 100% certain some of the oddball chokes and guards would never work in an actual fight. All of these weird gi techniques that are antithetical to the keep simple philosophy of Judo.

At the rate BJJ is going, it will be supplanted by submission wrestling within a decade as the go to grappling for the cage and self-defense. As soon as Gordon Ryan gets his head kicked in trying to pull some BS move in a cage fight the circles will be complete. Mark my words. Even the Gracies can't save what is happening to BJJ. It's suburbanites. Once they get involved, it just falls to pieces. IBJJF is not helping either.



Submitted April 13, 2021 at 11:20PM by Chuckles_Winchester https://ift.tt/32dEP40

No comments:

Post a Comment