Thursday, April 15, 2021

How do I convince my grandma she isn’t invincible?

My grandma is an older woman who carries a large bag. She is unable to use any technology and says “cash is king” which as a former cashier, isn’t true anymore. She goes out to the store frequently and constantly mentions that people are staring at her. Today, she said a man was following her home from the Store. This man followed her in the store and blatantly watched her get into her car while he got into his. He ran a red light to keep following her. She even got on the highway and thankfully lost him at a red light and kept going for her safety, but he’s obviously got her plates which can be used to track her address. She is not rich and they live in an oasis surrounded by a fairly rough area. I am afraid she will be killed for a few bucks. She uses her Catholic faith to say she doesn’t believe in guns. She is also mentally slow and probably couldn’t whip a gun out in time if being attacked. A knife would do her no good as she is frail. When I talk to her about this, or suggest that she invests in a taser, she tells me no and to quit being paranoid. She says “God’s got me”. But in reality, many die hard Catholics, Christians, Muslims, Sikh’s, Buddhists, etc get attacked and killed for no reason. I say this and she ignores me and walks away. My grandfather won’t listen to me as he is going senile and will start explaining communist theories to me. I’m worried for her



Submitted April 15, 2021 at 07:55PM by AndrewtheRey https://ift.tt/3ea26t4

No comments:

Post a Comment