Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Thoughts on Training with family


I practice my draw stroke, I shoot the dot torture, I dryfire practice with wall drills. I practice retention and instinctive hip shots. Stepping back to look at the big picture, I realize that I am missing something crucial. The primary reason for me to carry is to protect my family. I have a wife and two kids. I'd like a way to train tactics to not just hit a target or to stop a bad guy. I'd like to practice tactics to actually protect my family. Scenario: I am Thomas Wayne, walking my wife and son home from the movies one night. I choose to take a dark alley as a shortcut home to avoid the rain. Bad guys come out and threaten us. I do my natural 3 step draw. I index my elbow to my side and retention fire. If it were just me, I'd fire two rounds and get off of the x. However, getting three to four other people (especially small children) to move in unison under pressure and not maintain status as a moving target seems next to impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience or am I overthinking? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2LhsDdn

No comments:

Post a Comment