Saturday, September 19, 2020

What Does CCW Background Look At?


I tried this over in the CA community, but a lot of answers I received were not from CCW holders so wanted your opinion over here.I am looking to obtain a CCW license in California, and besides having a medical marijuana card in the past, I have not had any issues with anything. Law issues, mental health, etc etc.I do not smoke Marijuana now, and in the past I barely did. Roughly a handful of times and that's the truth. My card has been expired for over 2 years and was never renewed at any point. One and done kind of thing. Marijuana just honestly wasn't for me. I had a pain issue I was trying to deal with, but it didn't work.My question is will the card show up in any sort of background check? I assume CCW digs deeper than just the NICS background we all do for gun purchases? I know there are HIPPA laws and whatnot, but from my understanding when you sign your name you are basically giving the background check the right to access those files? Am I correct about that? Incorrect?I don't want to lose my right to conceal carry over this, especially during such crazy times. I of course do not want to lie about never using, but I also don't want to be denied for something over 2 years ago that I tried a handful of times if that makes sense.I understand things come back to bite us, and this could be one, but if I put no for being an active/past user, what are the odds of them actually finding my card in the history? I've heard various things of not possible, definitely possible, and only mental health like hospital institutions.Does anyone know the truth about medical cards showing up? Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/35SNkES

No comments:

Post a Comment