Saturday, September 19, 2020

Has anyone gotten robbed at gunpoint?


I got robbed at gunpoint a few days ago and I'm looking for input from people who've been through the same thing. I'm a non-CCW hobbyist, never thought about self-defense much. I feel like compliance is the only real way to survive so I can't decide if I should sleep with a loaded shotgun, or get rid of all my guns.I was doing a (would-be) routine armslist private sale. When I opened my trunk to show the gun, a guy with a pistol came up behind me and said he's taking the gun and car unless I want to get shot. The robber sped off in my car and the guy I was 'selling' to drove off in his car, which I noticed had three passengers.Even if I shot the robber, I'd probably be dead because I didn't realize that the 'buyer' was in on it. Now fighting back seems pointless because the bad guys always have the element of surprise, you don't know how many you're fighting or what weapons they have. My view on self-defense is totally different now that it's actually happened to me so I could use some commentary. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33LmNGz

No comments:

Post a Comment