Monday, February 17, 2020

Max 10 rounds - 1911 or compact double stack pistol?


I live in a state with a magazine capacity limit (10 rounds in MA). However, you can have more rounds for certain pistols that have available “pre-ban” magazines.For the purposes of this discussion, let’s assume we stick with the general max of 10 rounds.I like having a full master grip with all fingers on the pistol, so I’m considering only compact pistols in 9mm.I’m aware of the potential pros and cons of 1911s versus other options, including striker fired polymer guns.I’m very detail oriented, a quick learn, can learn the ins and outs of most anything, and easily troubleshoot complex issues.All of that is to say I am confident I can properly maintain and ensure reliability of a 1911 for concealed carry usage.If I carry a 1911 (probably an officer model but potentially larger), I can take advantage of the flatness of the single stack magazine and easily carry two spares. If I go with a double stack gun, I’m not enjoying any capacity advantage beyond having up to 10 rounds per magazine, and now I have a thicker double stack magazine to conceal that has a bunch of unused dead space.Given the above, what would you choose? And for those who had similar dilemmas, what did you do and did your decision change over time?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/324L0qs

No comments:

Post a Comment