Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Shoulder holster recommendations?


I bought a Galco vertical shoulder holster for my 5 inch 1911 and honestly im not that impressed. Ive spent hours trying to adjust it properly but it never sits right. Its either too high and tight and the plastic X that should sit in the center of my back really ends up sitting on my neck, and when I try to adjust it, it moves too far to the left/right and then sits on my shoulder blade. If I loosen it then it flops around, even with the belt loops, and Ive come close to it poking out of the bottom of my coat. Worst of all its just too tight, I really have to yank my 1911 out of it to get it loose, holding the holster with free hand. I have no faith in it if I ever had to draw in an emergency. Its just uncomfortable and frustrating to use, so I barely touch itI thought galco was the higher end of holsters but ive only worn it out a handful of times. Most of the time when im not trying to adjust it, I have it hanging up in my closet. I know shoulder holsters arent as common and often not recommended, but I always wanted to try one and frankly it sucks. Anyone have similar experiences or better luck with other brands? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/357hr88

No comments:

Post a Comment