Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Self defence success stories

Hi guys! I'm collecting self defence success stories, much like the guys from IMPACT/ Self Defence Godmothers.

This time I'm searching for success stories that have taken place in your (or someone else's) adolescence.

We can include a very broad spectrum of stories. To give you an example: A student of mine (18yo) once called me and said "Dude I had to use stuff you taught me" - "Shit, what happened? (Who did you knock out? I was thinking)" - "I went home, listening to music when from the park across the street I saw something moving, but I didn't think much about it, although it caught my attention. Anyways seconds later 3 guys were robbing me. One of them had a knife to my throat. So I gave them my stuff" - "...So what is it that I taught you, that helped you in the situation? I mean you got robbed, did I get that right?" - "You taught us that, if we have the feeling that compliance will get us out of the situation safely, then we should comply" - "All right then I'm happy you followed your intuition. (Instead of doing something stupid I guess)" And through being an actor instead of a victim of the situation, he managed to recover emotionally very quickly.

Mind sharing your story?



Submitted December 10, 2019 at 09:25AM by Kanibasami https://ift.tt/2RBmiuj

No comments:

Post a Comment