Monday, December 9, 2019

Muskegon, MI 45 Days


​Muskegon, MI 45 DaysI had to go into the county clerks office to inquire. They ran my license, went behind the cubicles, did some whispering, thumbed through some files, then printed my license and handed it to me within a 10 minute time span. They also gave me my approval letter, dated today.While they were behind the cubicles thumbing through papers, I told them if it was too much trouble I could just use my receipt starting tomorrow since today is the 45th day (MI is a 45 day shall issue state), and wait for my card in the mail. That's when I was informed by one of the nice ladies behind the counter that it is not legal to use your receipt from the county clerk as your CPL after 45 days if you don't receive an approval or denial letter in the mail. I'm not one to argue, especially if I'm right, so I just thanked her for her time and helpfulness.Got the feeling they were dragging their feet in regards to mailing them out as their own little way of #resisting. The woman behind the counter that made up the new CPL law didn't seem comfortable helping me, but she toughed it out and did great.Glad I finally got it.Spouse applied at the same time as me and still hasn't received it in the mail. Not a common name. No criminal histories on either of us. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YvGJdE

No comments:

Post a Comment