Sunday, December 8, 2019

Buyer's Remorse Advice


Hello everyone!I am fairly new to CCW (and guns in general) and need some advise.A bit of backstory: Earlier last year I purchased a Springfield XD Mod. 2 chambered in .45. This was my third pistol alongside my Sig P320 SC and P365 (both 9mm). The XD was an impulse buy. I justified the purchase on the idea that having a different caliber weapon in the house would be wise. I also believed that the XD would be a good back-up hiking gun here in the Pacific North West - a belief I am very unsure of now after doing much more research (bigger caliber means more stopping power right? Well.....) Additionally, the size of the weapon was just small enough for me to effectively conceal with most of my outfits.I am a very trim guy. 6'1" at ~155lbs. I carry the P320 during the colder months and the P365 during the warmer months. I love both of those weapons and have chosen to stick with them as my primary carries.This is my issue: I have zero issues with the XD as a gun. I enjoy shooting it. However, I've found myself without a real use for it. I'm not sold anymore on its effectiveness as a woods gun, nor do I think it's wise to add a third weapon into my yearly rotation. My question is: should I sell the gun and put the money towards other things with more practicality? Or is there a potential benefit to keeping it around?I don't particularly want to sell the XD, but I don't want it to gather dust either...Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/352KmKG

No comments:

Post a Comment