Monday, September 9, 2019

Need some CCW tips...


I've carried before, years ago when I worked in a job that permitted (had no specific rule against...) CCW at work. I had to walk 4 blocks at night downtown to my car every night, so I carried my 642 in an ankle holster. This gave me complete mobility and never bothered, plus I wear loose fitting pants (usually jeans), so it was never visible. Nobody knew I carried.Now I cannot carry at work, but I can carry just about everywhere else. I went out this weekend with a Shield 9 in an IWB Kydex holster and it was an interesting experience doing it that way. First, it's not nearly as comfortable (to me) as ankle carry. I found myself having to adjust regularly, and even the fairly light Shield was dragging down my cargo shorts when I walked briskly. I think it would help to switch to a leather belt, probably, but even the thin Shield sometimes prints through a loose fitting T-shirt. I carry at 3:00 because I'm a fatty and appendix won't work (not to mention I don't believe in having a gun barrel pointed at any part of my body, especially that one). I've ordered a Kydex IWB holster for my 642 to give that a try. I know it's lighter and somewhat more compact than the Shield 9, plus the handle is much smaller (less opportunity for printing).Any CCW veterans care to chime in with suggestions?Also, do you keep your gun on you when you drive or do you take it on and off? I find I can drive my truck with the gun there, but it jams into my side a bit. Probably wouldn't do it for more than a 30 minute trip. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZPG8Xb

No comments:

Post a Comment