Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Looking for my first CCW-viable firearm - cannot be in 9mm and having trouble finding recommendations.


I'm looking for my first CCW-viable firearm. It cannot be a 9mm - that's a dealbreaker. I have nothing against 9mm, it's just not an acceptable choice right now for reasons that go beyond personal taste. Right now I'm looking at an M&P Shield in .40 (I've held one and fired one in 9mm and was impressed) but whenever I search for reviews of it in .40 they're quite negative compared to the 9mm. In fact that's the case for quite a few of the popular CCW pistols - almost all comments praise the 9mm over all else. I'm not really sure how to approach this sort of situation. I know that all of the gun dealers in my area just say whatever bogus or flattery that they have to say in order to upsell you so I ain't going to them for advice. I'm not sure if I should take these comments too much to heart and that they're just minor gripes or if they're correct, which then means I should settle on either on a strictly inferior caliber for a model or if I should just go for a larger firearm entirely. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NaGmm5

No comments:

Post a Comment