Thursday, March 21, 2019

[Scenario]Man Charged with Manslaughter for shooting and killing Police officer inside his home


I'm posting this under "Scenario", I hope that's correct. I've pasted several links below that give details on the story, but the gist is:Police responded to an alarm at the man's home at 2:30am.Police discovered the front door was unlocked, and entered the house while verbally declaring themselves as police.A police officer was using a flashlight as he entered the house (I don't know how far into the house he was).The homeowner mistook the police officer for an intruder and fired multiple shots, killing the officer.The homeowner is now being charged with manslaughter.New Article Links: Most detailed storyshort news articleAdditional story: Both homeowner and police officer involved at the same churchThis story has shook me more than most, and has caused me to reassess my home defense plans. The homeowner's wife and children were in the house at the time. If I had an alarm going off in my house, heard some shouting, and saw someone with a flashlight moving through the house at 2:30am I would probably have taken the same actions.What are your thoughts on his response/actions? What would have been better steps to take? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YeFjUb

No comments:

Post a Comment