Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Nurse touched my gun


The past day or two I've been feeling quite under the weather with a sore throat from hell, I woke up this morning figuring I had strep. I planned on going to the local walk in urgent care, and to Walmart to get some lozenges to soothe the throbbing in my neck. I slapped my Glock 19 on my appendix and headed out the door. I arrived at the UC and was quickly seen by a nurse practitioner, who checked my ears, my throat, and my vitals. Everything I expected her to do for this type of issue. Until she said lean back and grabbed both sides of my appendix, and her hand fell immediately on to the grip of my gun. I very awkwardly apologized and said something along the lines of "Ohhh, wow, sorry." She didn't really acknowledge my apology and I felt like it made her very uncomfortable, as she left the room rather quickly and a new RNP came back to give me discharge papers.. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Should I not have brought my weapon into the doctors office? What was she checking for around my appendix? I've had it done before during a physical, but was not expecting it for strep. Thanks via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ujYFcQ

No comments:

Post a Comment