Thursday, March 14, 2019

I'm applying for medical residency programs and want your input on the cities with the friendliest gun laws.


Tomorrow is match day for the current fourth year medical students. For those who don't know, medical students send in an application in the fall, go to a ton of interviews over the winter, and then rank their top hospitals. The hospitals also rank the medical students and then a computer program uses an algorithm to match students with hospitals.I'm finishing up my third year of medical school and have decided to apply into internal medicine with plans to specialize down the line. Overall I will have a reasonably strong application from a top 20 school which should give me some flexibility in choosing where I want to apply and which hospitals I want to rank.I would like to live in a city in the American south or southwest, and ccw/gun laws in general are a major factor for me. I've already decided against sending any application to California or NJ and will only be reluctantly sending applications to NY and Massachusetts to ensure I do my due diligence in applying broadly. So far places like Vanderbilt and Baylor (perhaps Georgetown if I live in VA) have captured my interest.I've been reading up on various state laws, but want to hear your opinion on where are the best places with the following characteristics:A city that would be fun to live in as a young professionalWarmer places get bonus pointsCCW is a mustNo weird restrictions on magazine capacity, suppressors, or other accessoriesReputable residency programs via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Cki3Lw

No comments:

Post a Comment