Monday, November 5, 2018

Pulled over while carrying


I got pulled over from an Oklahoma state highway patrol offocer last night on my way home fron hunting. I don't get pulled over very often at all, and this was the first time since I started carrying a few months ago. My pistol was on my left hip OWB since I was hunting. I couldn't remember at the time if OK is a "must inform" state because I recently did a trip through a handful of states and tried to be familiar with each of those states' laws, but I have personally decided that I would disclose it to the officer anyway in most, if not all, scenarios.I was respectful to the officer, and he was respectful and professional right back. He commented on the doe in the bed of my truck and asked for my license. I immediately told him that I have a CCW license and told him the location of my weapon and wallet. He looked down, asked what it was, and that was that. I have him my license then handed him my CCW license (he looked at the CCW for about 1/2 a second).A few minutes later he came back from his car, checked my insurance card was up to date and gave me a warning for a broken taillight (that I had been meaning to fix, the part just came in).It was a positive experience overall.FYI in case you didn't know, a broken taillight covering can look like a headlight to the cars behind you. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2zxcjvk

No comments:

Post a Comment