Thursday, February 1, 2018

Buying a snubby changed my life


So I've had my permit for a while, and was carrying an HK p2000sk aiwb up until last week. I also occasionally pocket carried a Ruger lcp, however I started to feel limited in my ability to access the gun should I need it (like sitting down or driving). I went through a few holsters before I settled on a stealth gear aiwb for my HK. While it was definitely the most comfortable, I still felt the gun, and was limited in my ability to bend over.Fast forward to last week, I always kind of wanted a little revolver, and I decided to purchase a Smith and Wesson 642 when I saw a used one in great condition at a good price at my LGS. I already owned a Remora sticky holster so I used that and put it in my waist band at the same spot I carried my HK and WOW. It disappears. I can move without restrictions and totally forget it's there. I get home and keep carrying (rather than rip it off the moment I'm in the door).Now the task of learning to shoot it properly starts. Need to learn new grip technique and all that, but that's half the fun!Just thought I'd share this story. It's a major turning point in my carrying, I think.TL;DR - Carrying a while, switch to snubby and enjoy it immensely. Also pocket carry sucks via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2DVhryw

No comments:

Post a Comment