Monday, March 25, 2024

Should I continue training BJJ or switch to MMA?

My goal for martial arts is self defense. I believe MMA is the best style for this goal. I have been training at a Brazilian jiu jitsu gym for about 6 months now and eventually I want to transition to an MMA gym. I am concerned that i am focusing too much on sport jiu-jitsu and am learning the wrong techniques. I enjoy competing with my current gym, love the people there, but don't think it is the ultimate path for me. I have heard there is a difference in mma jiu-jitsu techniques and sport jiu-jitsu techniques. I was told to train both striking and grappling separately. I am not sure if I should continue training at my current bjj gym and cross train muy thai or i am better off switching to an MMA gym. I have also heard that many MMA gyms have a bad rap. You become mediocre at both striking and grappling, and many gyms have a meathead mentality where injuries are commonplace.



Submitted March 26, 2024 at 12:59AM by ThatPunkGinger https://ift.tt/Sc2b8gp

No comments:

Post a Comment