Monday, March 11, 2024

self defense tips if I'm in danger of being s/a

About a month ago made it out of a potential sexual assault after going out. It was a guy I believe more or less my age (18-19) and he was really drunk and grabbed mi wrist and pulled me for over a minute up a street. I was also a little bit in the effecets of alcohol so it took me a dreadful minute of figuring out how to escape his grip which was pretty strong. I didn't struggle and waited for a distraction (some other guys up the street started screaming gibberish) and used this move a friend taugh me of pulling down pretty fast (he was grabbing me from above so by pulling down most of his fingers lost grip of my arm) and basically ran without looking back. Pretty scary, haven't left the house while dark since this happened. I hate remembering this happened but I really need to learn some useful techniques to escape grapples both standing up and laying down so that I can feel safe going out again. I get that it might be specifically hard to defend myself in my case (I'm a woman, 165cm tall and weight 45kg, but I train frequently and I know I can do at least up to 10 pull-ups without exhausting myself a lot), but that's exactly why I'm looking for techniques that focus on escaping rather than an actual fight. Any practical moves I could practice? I don't care if they're hard to master, I just need it because I refuse to go anywhere at night without knowing I have a chance of saving myself in case I encounter a sober, old man who is double my bodyweight. I was lucky that the guy that grabbed me was not very strong and completely drunk

by the way I own a pepper spray, the kind that you have to actually aim at the target because my city is pretty windy and i don't want the spray getting into my eyes. I tested it's range once and I believe it can cover efficiently about 3 meters. More distance than that I wouldn't trust my aim while in a fight or flight state



Submitted March 11, 2024 at 07:33PM by callateostia https://ift.tt/SCGhbZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment